Best of Las Vegas
Last update: August 2021
Best Insider Tip: Visit mid-week. Hotel rooms often cost 3-4x as much on the weekends, and with weekend crowds you'll wait in line for everything. (more tips...)
Best Hotel Value on the Strip. Strat, often
as cheap as $35 (plus resort fee).
Circus Circus is just as cheap but much dumpier and smokier.
Best Transportation Deal. The double-decker Deuce bus goes up and down the strip and to downtown, 24/7, $8 for a 24-hour day pass. (more...)
Best Things to See & Do
Best Free Attractions. Bellagio Water Fountains, and the Fremont Street Experience. (more...)
Best Thrill Rides. Anything on top of the Strat Tower. (more...)
Most Luxurious Casino Interiors. Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian
Easiest Game for a Beginner to Get Good Gambling Odds. Baccarat. (more...)
- Non-strip/downtown. Pretty much every casino that's not on the Strip or Downtown has real 3:2 blackjack games with low table minimums. (e.g., Ellis Island $5, South Point $5, Gold Coast and Orleans, $10.) They're your best bet for blackjack, and all other games.
- Strip. Strat often has $5, true 3:2 blackjack, but never in the evening. Treasure Island has $1, 3:2 Stadium Blackjack.
- Downtown. The Downtown Grand has $5, true
(Thanks to Vegas Advantage for keeping up with blackjack conditions.)
$1 Blackjack. OYO (even-money)
- Lowest-limit single-zero game. Plaza, $10 (source)
- Lowest-limit double-zero game. Cannery, $1 (source)
Best Vegetarian Options
- On the strip: Tamba (Indian, veg-friendly)
- Near the Strip Veggie House (Chinese, all vegan)
- Downtown: Vegenation (all vegan; 616 E. Carson Ave., 3 blocks from the downtown casinos)