Welcome! I'm Michael Bluejay, and I'm here to share what I know about Las Vegas and gambling. With this site, you'll have the insider's edge. See my mission and what's different about this site.
Most popular stuff:
- Insider's guide to slot machines
- Free things to do in Vegas
- Gambling 101
- 10 ways to gamble smart
- List of Vegas casinos
- Is online gambling legal?
- Added a complete recipe for getting the lowest price on show tickets.
- Added 2020 company losses for the biggest casino groups in Vegas
- Added a list of large Vegas jackpot hits
- Added how to deal with Bitcoin in my gambling taxes article
- New feature: Historical info on my map of the strip
- Added Fremont to my Hall of Shame.
- New article: Things to Do in Vegas
- New article: Shopping in Vegas
- Started the Hall of Shame, to chastise the Sahara for baselessly suing local blog Vital Vegas.
- Overhauled the Who owns what? page (Las Vegas casino ownership), along with the timeline
- Overhauled the Is online gambling legal? article
- New article: State-by-state penalties for illegal gambling
- New article: Is it legal to run affiliate ads for online casinos?
- Added a Craps Rolls Generator.
- Rewrote the Betting Systems article from scratch
- Started the Betting Systems Tests page
- Added a Martingale System Tester.
- VegasClick becomes Easy Vegas.
- New tool: Roulette Odds Calculator
- New tool: Roulette Number Generator (system tester)
- New article: How much do dealers make?
- Created two new Vegas Strip Maps from scratch, retiring the old one.
- Added how much tips equals how much dealer and cocktail waitress yearly earnings to the Tipping Guide
- Added cheapest buffets to the Cheap Eats page
- Created a simulator to show how likely it is to hit different numbers in roulette after various numbers of spins.
- Created a simulator to show that RRbRbbbRbR in roulette is no more likely than RRRRRRRRRR.
- New article on how to calculate the house edge.
- New article: 8 ways to gamble
Top 10 Las Vegas Tips
- Visit mid-week. Hotel rooms often cost three to four times as much on the weekends as during the week! Plus, with weekend crowds you'll wait in line for everything. Mid-week visitors save tons of money and have a much better time.
- Get a player's card. Go to the Player's Club desk at
any casino you visit and sign up for a free player's card, even
if you don't plan to gamble there. Then the casino will
mail you offers for discounted or even free rooms on your next
visit. You can also sign up for the MGM/Mirage
card online, which will work at 10 Vegas Strip casinos.
- Set loss limits. Make a gambling budget for each day and if you lose it, then stop playing. See 9 ways to be a smart gambler.
- Don't play slot machines. They suck your money away hand over fist. Compare $500 lost over 10 hours at 75¢/spin compared to just $40 lost at blackjack or craps @ $5 a hand. See my crash course on table games to have a much better chance of winning.
- Tip the dealers $5+/hr., and the cocktail waitresses $1 every drink or two. (more...)
- Ask for comps. When you play either slots or table games the casino will reward you with buffets, show tickets, or room discounts. Ask at the player's club booth (slot players) or at the tables (table players) for how to claim your goodies. (more on comps)
- Use the buses. Various buses go straight from the airport to the Strip and downtown. And the double-decker Deuce bus runs up and down the strip 24/7, every 15-20 minutes. See my page about the buses.
- Don't try to get taxis on the strip. Taxis can't stop directly on the strip; that's why they're passing you by. Go to the taxi area of the hotel to get one. Up to 4 people ride for the same price as 1; if there's just 2 of you, don't be afraid to yell out, "Anyone want to split a cab to [some casino]?" It doesn't just save money, it's eco-friendly.
- Walk. You'll discover stuff. When the
Strip is crowded, sometimes it's even faster than taxis or
buses. Plus, it helps work off the calories from the
- Get Half-Price Show Tickets. You can get deeply-discounted tickets for most Vegas shows at one of the several Tix4Vegas booths on the Strip and downtown. See all my tips for getting free and cheap tix.
Licensed from Dan Piraro of Bizarro.