Craps Rolls Generator
For those who want to test their betting systems
Last update: October 2021
How the numbers are generated
Some people hear that computers don't generate “real” random numbers, they generate “pseudo-random numbers” (true), and therefore conclude that computers are inadequate for testing betting systems, and that their systems can beat the real world of a casino even if they can't beat the numbers generated by a computer (completely dead wrong). For almost all intents and purposes, the numbers generated by Xorshift128+ or any of the other modern algorithms are virtually indistinguishable from real random numbers. They pass batteries of statistical tests for randomness, including frequency distribution, gaps, and repetition (or lack thereof). The bottom line is, you can't tell the computer-generated output from the real thing, and there's no statistical difference between live results in a real casino and what you get from the generator.
- How to play craps. If you're trying to test your betting system then you know how the game is played, but if you got here by mistake, then here's the primer on how to play.
- Practice craps. Bovada's game lets you play with fake money so you can learn the game without risk.
- Parody instructions for How to Play Craps. If you thought the “How to Play Craps” article was confusing, try to follow along on this one.
- The "Come" bet. I recommend newbies stick to the Pass Line bet, but if you're ready to move on to another bet, this one's also good.
- The "Don't Pass" bet. This is an interesting craps bet, but people who play it are often considered pariahs.
- Betting Systems. The lowdown on systems, and why the don't work.
- $30,000 Betting System Challenge. Ten years and counting, no takers.
- Martingale Betting System. The classic way to try to win.
- Baccarat shoe generator. Test your system idea against random baccarat shoes.
- Roulette number generator. Test your system idea against random roulette spins.